GRID3 Bridging Fund
This project continues our work in association with the Geo-Referenced Infrastructure and Demographic Data for Development (GRID3) initiative. This includes, high-resolution population mapping, statistical method development and implementation, sampling deign and questionnaire development, model development, data visualization and user interface development. We also develop and deliver GRID3 training materials and a curriculum on GIS, geospatial analysis, hybrid census, Bayesian population estimation, and ‘R’ programming. We continuously develop our modelling and analyses methods and develop tools that automate data generation and display. We also support country-level engagement and use case development as required.
Outputs for this project include services in support of GRID3’s work in Nigeria, Zambia, DRC, Sierra Leone, Kenya, and/or Burkina Faso:
- The production or support of population data products based on high-priority national needs.
- Training and technical support for use of spatial data.
- Support for GRID3 in-country teams with incorporating effective use of spatial data for improved health surveillance and delivery.
- Work with partner CIESIN to update the GRID3 settlement products by providing statistical summaries of gridded population data at the required spatial scales.
- A report identifying 1-year and 2-year options for priority advances in (including validation of) spatial population data methods.
- A report identify 1-year and 2-year options for priority advances meeting training and capacity strengthening needs.